The Summit will be held at the AT&T Executive Education and Conference Center. Located adjacent to the campus of The University of Texas at Austin, the new AT&T Executive Education and Conference Center is a technologically sophisticated, multi-function complex, as well as a beautiful, non-smoking hotel.
It offers its guests every amenity from ballrooms to chef-inspired restaurants and is within walking distance of the Performing Arts Center, Blanton Museum, Harry Ransom Center, DKR Texas Memorial Stadium, and more. Built to the U.S. Green Building Council’s LEED Silver certification standards, there are many sustainable features throughout the complex and its surroundings.
Special discounted rates have been secured for Summit participants at the AT&T Center:
- $85 single, standard or executive style
- $119 double, standard or executive style
- $129 triple, standard style
- $139 quadruple, standard style
To receive the special rate, you must make your hotel reservations by November 16, 2009 and identify yourself as an attendee of Redefining Teacher Education for Digital Age Learners. These room rates are offered one day prior and one day after the Summit dates (nights of December 5, 6, 7, and 8).
You can make reservations online or by phone.
To make your room reservation online:
- Go to the AT&T Conference Center website.
- Click Check Availability & Rates in the menu on the left.
- Under the Booking Codes section, type TFTEPR1209 in the promotion code box. Note that the first six letters are capitalized and the last four characters are numbers.
- After entering the group code, type the tab key or click somewhere else on the page to get out of the promotion code box. The Reservation Summary on the left should now show the booking code.
- Select the dates you would like to stay Under the Room Type section, your choices for room types will show up. If it shows “There are currently no room types available for the selected dates,” review your information and enter any corrections.
- Select your room type, and then click Continue.
- Fill in all Guest and Credit Card information including an email address (to ensure you receive a confirmation email). After the information is complete, you will receive a confirmation number. If you do not receive the confirmation number, you have not completed the reservation.
Reservations by Phone
To make your room reservation by phone, call one of the AT&T reservation numbers:
- 877-744-8822 (toll-free)
Be sure to mention the Summit title and promotion code TFTEPR1209 when calling for your reservation.
The following links offer information about travel to Austin and around Austin.
Airport Flyer schedule
AT&T Executive Education and Conference Center
Austin Bergstrom airport
Travel from the airport
University of Texas at Austin map
Austin Visitor's Information
News & Weather
Austin American-Statesman newspaper
News 8 Austin
Arts & Entertainment
City of Austin's Everything Austin, Texas
State of Texas
Texas Monthly magazine
The University of Texas at Austin Arts & Entertainment
Texas State Capitol Building
Harry Ransom Center (arts and humanities museum)
Jack S. Blanton Museum of Art
University of Texas Performing Arts Center
Bob Bullock Texas State History Museum